We recently hosted a roundtable on the topic of the State of SEO. We were joined by SEO experts from Arcadia, Dixons Retail, Vouchercodes.co.uk, Premier Inn, Thomas Cook Airlines Group and Disney to discuss the common challenges they experience with getting SEO done and the approaches they have taken to overcome them.
Following a fascinating 1.5 hour conversation, it’s clear that SEO is far from dead – it’s very alive and going to continue to evolve.
The main take-aways from the evening for me were:
- It’s still hard to get SEO, even the basics, done
- The remit of an SEO’s role is much wider than it used to be
- Educating the business, especially the C-suite, is an important part of an SEO’s role and key to getting SEO done
- The need for data from analytics to be able to present that education piece
- The need for the right tools to help get SEO done
A big thank you to everyone who attended and contributed.
Click on the video to view the highlights from the discussion.